Bespoke Tailoring Programme
Certificate Programme in Ultra Bespoke Tailoring
Tailors interested in applying for this programme can do so here.
For the Course Guide click here
For more information email email@example.com or call 622-1455.
The Trinidad and Tobago Fashion Company Limited (FashionTT), in collaboration with the Ministry of Trade and Industry and Savile Row Academy, will be establishing a one-year Certificate Programme in Bespoke Tailoring, Pattern Drafting, Cutting and Fitting in March 2018.
The Savile Row Academy is a tailoring school which provides a unique opportunity for persons wanting to acquire the high-level knowledge, skills and experience needed for employment in established tailoring houses around the world or to establish their own businesses. Founder of the academy, Andrew Ramroop, will facilitate the Certificate Programme in Ultra Bespoke Tailoring, Pattern Drafting, Cutting and Fitting, for a limited number of registered participants over a forty-week period.
The main objective of this programme is to provide specialist skills through an intensive training programme. These skills will enable designers to progress into employment on the highest levels of tailoring and within the fashion related industries on an individual level. On a macro level, the programme will enable the tailoring sector in Trinidad and Tobago to flourish through its association with such a well-respected brand as Savile Row Academy, thereby encouraging acceptance into global markets. the growth of the fashion industry and an increase in contribution to the Gross domestic product.
The programme will include four modules: A Foundation Module; Pattern Drafting Module, Trousers and Waistcoats and Introduction to Jacket Making Module and Jacket Making Module.
Once completed graduates will have:
- Gained an understanding of customized, bespoke tailoring and hand sewn craft skills.
- Increased their proficiency in hand sewn craft skills, pattern cutting and garment making.
- Understood the importance of creating garments in harmony with various body shapes for comfort, style and elegance.
- Gained professional knowledge and understanding and practical skills to sculpture cloth in the creation of stylish garments to draw attention to the wearer’s ability to express themselves sartorially.
- Been awarded a Certificate in Ultra Bespoke Tailoring, Pattern Drafting, Cutting and Fitting, accredited by the Savile Row Academy, which will be equivalent to the National Vocational Qualifications at Level 4 of the United Kingdom.